Of all emergency breakdowns, 94% occur in systems that have not been properly maintained. Additionally, homeowners can save as much as 30% on the cost of their energy bills with regular maintenance for heating and air conditioning systems.
You can save money on the cost of operation and repairs as well as extend the life of your unit by allowing us to check up and service your system twice a year.
Thorough System Checks
- Proper refrigerant charge
- Compressor and fan amps
- Check and clean condenser coil and fan
- Capacitors and contact points
- Valves and seals for proper fit
Replacing Worn Out Parts
- Thermostat operation and mounting
- Blower amps
- Buildup on evaporator coil
- Heat strip amps and circuit components
- Buildup on blower wheel
- Clear drain lines and add algae tablets to drain pan
- Float pan / safety switch operation
- Air leaks at plenum
- Electrical connections and wires
- Overall performance and note any necessary improvements
Common Customer Questions on the Maintenance of Your Home’s Air Filters
Why Do I Need To Change My Air Filters Regularly?
This is one of the questions homeowners ask us most! Air filters do a lot of work for your HVAC system. They filter out all kinds of gross things in the air, such as pollen and dust that would otherwise circulate through your home. They are also your defender against larger objects (such as insulation) being pulled into the system that could cause damage or present a fire risk. But the most important reason for changing your air filter? Clogged air filters are the number one cause of HVAC system failure.
When Should I Change My Air Filter?
We recommend that you change your air filter every month or two, especially if you have pets or are surrounded by a high-pollen area. Air filters are generally pretty inexpensive, and way easier to do than replacing an HVAC unit. If you have questions about your Air Conditioning Unit or any problems with your filters, Reliable Air & Heat are always happy to help our neighbours meet their home comfort goals!